Desktop Support Specialist Position
Expedient Technology Solutions is a rapidly growing managed IT services company located in Miamisburg, Ohio. ETS has developed a strong reputation for providing outstanding customer service and for being a collaborative, strategic partner with its client customers.
We are looking for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist to supplement our team. As a growing organization supporting various companies in a variety of industries, we need an individual who can wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment. This position has room and intent for growth within the company. ETS prides itself on the unique culture and working atmosphere, where all team members grow professionally and collaborate together at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and continually update all workstation checklist in order to correctly setup and/or reload computers for clients
- Install Microsoft patches and client software on client workstations before they are installed on-site
- As needed provide onsite assistance to install or troubleshoot hardware/software as needed
- Respond to customer phone calls and emails in a timely manner
- Update and record all time worked on client related tickets or projects
- Potentially participate in after-hours and weekend support rotation
- Passion for taking care of customers
- Outstanding communication and follow-through
- Ability to resolve difficult technical issues in a timely manner with little supervision
- Knowledge and support experience of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and support experience of MS Office and MS Office/Exchange
- Proven ability to manage time effectively to meet tight project deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resident of the greater Dayton or Cincinnati area
A plus, but not a requirement
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent
- Related IT Certifications
- Experience in an IT MSP (Managed Service Provider)
What’s in it for you?
This position can be a career opportunity or a path to move up into high level responsibilities (Networking or Server focus, Infrastructure Projects, lead roles for specific groups, etc.). You will have the opportunity to help ETS continue to grow its reputation as a strategic partner for its clients. You will have the chance to work with customers who will be happy to see you.
We offer a competitive salary, Simple IRA plan with company match, and a generous healthcare plan. We have a fun, drama-free, collaborate work environment with opportunity for professional and technical growth. As a company that values continued learning, we provide opportunities for gaining expertise with evolving technologies.
If you are most comfortable maintaining only a very narrow set of duties without much variety in your work and without customer interaction, this is not the role for you. If, however, you want to grow your skills, deepen your knowledge, be part of a good team, have an impact on customers, and be an integral part of a successful company’s growth, this may be the role you’re looking for.
Interested in applying for this position or learning more about open ETS opportunities? Email your resume to careers [at] expedienttechnology.com.