Senior Network / Systems Engineer Consultant Position
Senior Network / Systems Engineer Consultant Job Description
Expedient Technology Solutions is an established and growing managed IT services company located in Miamisburg, Ohio. ETS has developed a strong reputation for providing outstanding customer service and for being a collaborative, strategic partner with its client customers.
We are looking for an experienced Network Systems Engineer to supplement our team. As a growing organization supporting various companies in a variety of industries, we need an individual who can wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment. This position has room and intent for growth within the company. ETS prides itself on the unique culture and working atmosphere, where all team members grow professionally and collaborate together at all times.
- Configure and install firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless
- Configure and install servers, including physical, virtual, and cloud-based servers, and Microsoft Exchange
- Be an escalated point on high level client support tickets
- Document client network configurations, complying with Expedient Technology Solutions’ standard documentation and communication practices
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets you are a primary resource on.Ensure clear expectations are set, update tickets to show the current status, and see all assigned tickets to completion
- Maintain client network infrastructure equipment by providing both remote and onsite support to ensure high levels of network uptime
- Create scope of work from project outlines in cooperation with ETS Account Managers
- Assist other ETS team members to resolve technical issues and customer relationship issues as needed
- Suggest improvements to Expedient Technology Solutions’ business practices as recognized
- Assist in creating documentation and procedures as needed
- Be proactive in seeking additional duties and responsibility
- Passion for taking care of customers
- Outstanding communication and follow-through
- Ability to resolve difficult technical issues in a timely manner with little supervision
- Technical Certifications
- Proven ability to manage time effectively to meet tight project deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resident of the greater Dayton or Cincinnati area
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent would be a plus.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls is a strong plus
- Experience working in a IT MSP (Managed Services Provider) environment
- Experience with Cisco devices
What’s in it for you?
- We offer a competitive salary, Simple IRA plan with company match, and a generous healthcare plan
- Successfully managed and financially stable company with 25+ team members
- ETS was established over a decade ago and has experienced consistent growth for several years
- You will have the opportunity to help ETS continue to grow its reputation as a strategic partner for its clients
- You will have the chance to work with clients who will be happy to work with you
- We have a fun, drama-free, collaborate work environment with opportunity for professional and technical growth
- As a company that values continued learning, we provide opportunities for gaining expertise with evolving technologies
- Extremely strong retention of clients and team members
- Ideal environment for both personal and professional growth
Interested in applying for this position or learning more about open ETS opportunities? Email your resume to careers [at] expedienttechnology.com.